Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend 1951-1964



Listening to Sam Cooke's Portrait of a Legend brought back some great memories. I'm sure everyone's parents listened to whatever their local "oldies" station was in the car when you were growing up. Those were my first memories of music at all, and some of my favorite songs from then are still some of my favorite songs now.

In particular, I can remember a handful of songs from Sam Cooke. "(What) A Wonderful World," "Chain Gang," and "Twistin' the Night Away" all stand out, though the entire collection on this album is great. So please, go back to your childhood with me and remember these "oldie" classics from Sam Cooke.

Sam Cooke - (What) A Wonderful World
Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
Sam Cooke - Twistin' the Night Away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home