Monday, December 11, 2006

#1 Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country



Here it is folks, my album of the year, Camera Obscura's "Let's Get Out of This Country." Once again, this is a band that I only just discovered this year, but they hit me in a big way and further added to my ne love of female vocals. Tracyanne Campbell wrote some truly heartbreaking lyrics on this '06 release, but it's all very endearing. Pop gems such as "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken," "Tears For Affairs," and "If Looks Could Kill," coupled with melancholy country-esque tracks like "Dory Previn," and "Country Mile" make this album nearly perfect, not to mention Campbell's voice is about as addicting as heroin. The album's only flaw being the easily forgettable "The False Contender."

I think what I love most about this album is that it reminds me of my time as a child listening to the "Oldies" station in the car with my parents and hearing classic female lead tracks like "Be My Baby" or "My Boyfriend's Back" and so on. This album is very easily accessible and offers somethine for everyone.

Once again, the upload of the entire album just wouldn't happen, so here are a few standout tracks from Let's Get Out of This Country. Enjoy.

  • Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken

  • Camera Obscura - Dory Previn

  • Camera Obscura - If Looks Could Kill
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Yellow said...

    I have such a huge crush on Llyod. Have since the minute I heard his name. Great choice.

    2:35 PM, December 11, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home